[U-Boot] xHCI on x86

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jul 13 08:20:36 CEST 2016

Hi!

I'm currently trying to get xHCI working on some BayTrail based
x86 boards. For this I've added DM support to xhci-pci and made a
small change to cache.h to enable compilation of the xhci driver on
x86 (please find those 2 patches attached - I'll send then to the
list once this is resolved). But I noticed that the xhci driver
hangs in xhci_queue_command() in this line:

	xhci_writel(&ctrl->dba->doorbell[0], DB_VALUE_HOST);

when first writing to the doorbell register. Reading from this doorbell
register still works just fine.

IIRC, Simon has mentioned that xHCI still has some "issues" on x86.
Simon, is this what you have seen as well? Does anyone have some ideas
how to solve this?

Thanks,
Stefan