[U-Boot] Ethernet not found on Arria 5.

Bakhvalov, Denis (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) denis.bakhvalov at nokia.com
Tue Mar 8 10:58:40 CET 2016

Hi Marek,

> What do you mean by this ? Is your ethernet controller synthesised in
> the FPGA ? The arriaV socdk u-boot uses the top-side ethernet port,
> which is connected to the ethernet controller in the HPS.

I managed to get it working.
Right after configuring fpga from Linux I made a soft reset and PHY chip was successfully found.

Net: eth0: ethernet at ff702000

However there is still no ping in U-Boot.
After power reset I did:

># bridge disable
># fpga load 0 <addr> <size>
># bridge enable

># md 0xff706000 1
ff706000: 00000074          <-- this means fpga is in user mode

># setenv ethaddr ...
># setenv ipaddr ...
># setenv netmask ...
># setenv gatewayip ...

=> ping 192.168.1.126
Speed: 100, full duplex
Using ethernet at ff702000 device
ping failed; host 192.168.1.126 is not alive

With similar commands on previous U-Boot version I had ping.

Best regards,
Denis Bakhvalov