[U-Boot] Ethernet not found on Arria 5.

Bakhvalov, Denis (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) denis.bakhvalov at nokia.com
Wed Mar 9 10:22:16 CET 2016

Hi,

> However there is still no ping in U-Boot.
> After power reset I did:
>
> ># bridge disable
> ># fpga load 0 <addr> <size>
> ># bridge enable
>
> ># md 0xff706000 1
> ff706000: 00000074          <-- this means fpga is in user mode
>
> ># setenv ethaddr ...
> ># setenv ipaddr ...
> ># setenv netmask ...
> ># setenv gatewayip ...
>
> => ping 192.168.1.126
> Speed: 100, full duplex
> Using ethernet at ff702000 device
> ping failed; host 192.168.1.126 is not alive
>
> With similar commands on previous U-Boot version I had ping.

Also using wireshark I found that board sends correct ARP packets to PC.
PC in it's turn send valid ARP response to the board.
But for some reason ARP reply is not handled by the board.
And board doesn't send ICMP packets to the PC.

I already checked ip addresses, they should be fine.
Also the same IP works fine for previous U-Boot version (2013).

What could be the reason for that?

Best regards,
Denis Bakhvalov