[U-Boot] Ethernet not found on Arria 5.

Bakhvalov, Denis (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) denis.bakhvalov at nokia.com
Thu Mar 10 18:19:07 CET 2016

Hi,

> Why are you constantly hung on this FPGA part ? The ethernet is not
> routed through the FPGA, it is connected directly to the HPS. Thus,
> you don't have to care about the FPGA at all, you only care about the
> configuration of the HPS.

Please excuse me for my small experience in this topic.
I'm just trying to find the way how to solve this issue. Maybe then take HPS dumps and compare them?

What I have for now:

OK case (U-Boot 2013):
ARP packets are sent from board to PC and back.
ICMP packets are sent from board to PC and back.
Ping is successful.

NOK case(U-Boot 2016):
ARP packets are sent from board to PC.
PC sends ARP reply but it is not recognized by the board.
Ping fails.
However when the board is "waiting" for ARP reply from the PC it can process ICMP packets from the PC and send reply to them.

I started thinking about: "What is that special in those ARP packets?"

Best regards,
Denis Bakhvalov