[U-Boot] sandbox and coverity builds

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Mar 15 18:25:52 CET 2016

Hey all,

As some of you know, I run coverity scan builds for U-Boot periodically
and then pass errors along to folks when new changes introduce problems.

With DM work, one thing that's now possible is to build and link code
that's not going to run on a particular platform.  For example, I just
posted a patch to build the i8042 keyboard driver as well as the
Rockchip pin control driver and a bunch of PMICs on Sandbox.  None of
thse are going to be useful when running but will now get coverity scans
and may find issues.  I say this as I would like to see folks try and
make drivers they add that use DM also be enabled for Sandbox so that we
can get scans done on them.

And for the record, doing this will also make it easier to get clang
tested with it too (which reports other warnings GCC doesn't always) or
any other static analysis tool as building for sandbox is "easy" to
setup.  The more sanity checks the better!

--
Tom