[U-Boot] [arm] Where to put files for armv8 ThunderX

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Wed Sep 14 18:14:19 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Aaron Williams
<Aaron.Williams at caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
> I have just been handed the task of cleaning up our U-Boot port to our
> ThunderX armv8 chip and am wondering where I should put the files specific
> to our chip.
>
> The people who previously worked on the chip created a subdirectory under
> u-boot and have things scattered about.
>
> Should I create a subdirectory under arch/arm/cpu/armv8 like
> arch/arm/cpu/armv8/mach-thunderx or should I create a mach-thunderx
> directory directly under the cpu directory?
>
> I'm assuming include files should go under
> arch/arm/include/asm/arch-thunderx.
>
> I very much want to get this stuff pushed upstream so I don't run into the
> situation we've been stuck with our Octeon MIPS processors. My biggest
> problem is that a lot of code doesn't work.
>
> I'm still trying to get up to speed with the armv8 U-Boot.
>
> -Aaron

Aaron,

I came across this post while searching for Octeon support.

Are you still working on this project? Are you also working on pushing
up support for the Octeon TX? I have been pointed to a github repo for
u-boot-81xx for support of the Octeon TX 80xx/81xx and am trying to
determine what the state/timeline is for Octeon TX support in mainline
u-boot. Unfortunately the git tree is not a fork/clone of mainline
u-boot and instead is just a full directory push without history (why
would someone even do that?) so it makes it difficult to see the
extent of the patches.

Regards,

Tim

Tim Harvey - Principal Software Engineer
Gateworks Corporation - http://www.gateworks.com/
3026 S. Higuera St. San Luis Obispo CA 93401
805-781-2000