[U-Boot] ad-hoc CONFIG build error

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Sep 19 17:14:30 CEST 2016

Tom, Simon,

I'm seeing the following error when building sandbox in either
u-boot.git master branch or u-boot-dm.git master branch:

Error: You must add new CONFIG options using Kconfig
The following new ad-hoc CONFIG options were detected:
CONFIG_DISK
CONFIG_HAVE_GENERIC_BOARD
CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_3036_PINCTRL
CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_PINCTRL
CONFIG_SYS_HUSH_PARSER

Please add these via Kconfig instead. Find a suitable Kconfig
file and add a 'config' or 'menuconfig' option.
make[1]: *** [no_new_adhoc_configs_check] Error 1

This is from my Jenkins install, which does incremental builds. I
haven't yet checked whether non-incremental builds work any better.