[U-Boot] Falcon boot breaks on DRA7 because of commit b9c8ccab "env_mmc.c: Allow environment to be used within SPL"

Jean-Jacques Hiblot jjhiblot at ti.com
Tue Jan 24 10:26:38 CET 2017

Hi Tom,

I'm using a TI DRA7 platform and the falcon boot from MMC is broken with
v2017. The reason is that the standard "boot_os" is used to tell whether
the falcon mode should be used or not, but we can't access it. The root
cause is that the environment is stored in a eMMC which is dev 1 not dev
0 on those platforms.

What is the purpose of commit b9c8ccab. Is it because we want to
initialize only one MMC device in the SPL to reduce the boot time ?

Jean-Jacques