[U-Boot] mkimage Question

Bittner, Jeff Jeff.Bittner at Rocket.com
Tue Jul 18 12:09:16 UTC 2017

From: Bittner, Jeff
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:19 AM
To: 'u-boot at lists.denx.de' <u-boot at lists.denx.de>
Subject: mkimage

New to U-Boot.  It came installed with the BSP on a vendor MPC board to boot vxWorks.  I have a requirement to use a checksum when downloading the vxWorks ELF image.  Our development environ is Windows 7, using cross-compiler for target MPC.  I have the source for U-Boot and see that mkimage is in the tools subdirectory, but I can't build all of U-boot for Windows (or even using the Wind River cross compiler tools).  Does denx have a compiled mkimage.exe for Windows?  Is there a way to build it by itself (without building all of U-boot) for Windows?  I'm currently using mkimage.exe from CompuLab, but the company wants it from a more standard source, or preferably to build it ourselves.  Thanks.