[U-Boot] sunxi: SATA link timeout fix

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Thu Nov 9 09:36:15 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 02:48:18PM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Can someone test this?
> >
> > I boot my Cubietruck off a SATA drive without issues with any of those
> > intervening releases but it's a SSD so there would be no spin up time
> > compared to spinning rust, I don't have a spare spinning disk to test
> > it with though.
>
> So w/o the mdelay work for you?

I guess the point of this patch was that you need to have the delay,
but the time between the two function calls might cover it, and
apparently in some case doesn't.

So whether it works in one particular case is entirely moot.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering