[U-Boot] How to bring in support for GnuBee on MediaTek MT7621A

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Fri Sep 22 08:39:38 UTC 2017

Hi

10 days ago one of first https://www.crowdsupply.com/gnubee/personal-cloud-1
systems arrived at my home and is now running happily my preferred Linux
distribution Debian. I put on a small web page for it under http://gnubee.org/
index.html.

I am however not satisfied with the situation on how my Debian boots, why
relies on out of the tree https://github.com/gnubee-git/GnuBee_PCx_uboot
boots initram from a fork of the LEDE (itself a OpenWRT fork) from https://
github.com/gnubee-git/GnuBee-lede, which uses then a root partition created
with debootstrap.

One of the steps to support this board fully under Debian would be bringing
its U-Boot code into mainline U-Boot, which takes some time and effort.

As I added 10 years ago two PPC4xx based boards to U-Boot, I think this is a
doable task for me.

Before working on my clone of git://git.denx.de/u-boot-mpc5xxx.git I would
however ask, whether patches with source code GnuBee_PCx_uboot would be
accepted as I am clearly NOT the copyright owner of it.

Best regards

Niklaus