[U-Boot] boot a bios/uefi with x86_64, without grub

Thierry Gayet thierry.gayet at klaxoon.com
Wed Aug 1 06:43:01 UTC 2018

hi,

Well, all i want it to launch my u-boot-efi (payload mode) directly by the
bios/uefi.

For now, for my tests, i have used an usbkey that have a partition with a
"EFI FAT 12/16/32" type. Inside, i have copying my uboot app efi inside
this directory.

This is the way i am using for creating an UEFI bootable usbkey :-) My
u-boot doesn't start automatically but it stop with the efi shell. Inside
this efi shell i can start the uboot efi manually from the cli and it work
fine.

Now that i have an uboot that can start, i am trying how to start it
directly on boot.

Maybe i need to change its name ? or something else like this ?

You was talking about some issues for the payload version ; do you have
more detail about that ?

BR

Thierry