[U-Boot] Problem with v2018-09-rc2 to boot EFI on Arndale board

Guillaume GARDET guillaume.gardet at free.fr
Thu Aug 16 09:40:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

While trying to boot Grub2/EFI on Arndale board, I got the following error:
fdt_fixup_memory_banks: num banks 8 exceeds hardcoded limit 4. Recompile with higher MEMORY_BANKS_MAX?
ERROR: arch-specific fdt fixup failed
 - must RESET the board to recover.

ERROR: failed to process device tree
ERROR: failed to install device tree
812544 bytes read in 77 ms (10.1 MiB/s)
fdt_fixup_memory_banks: num banks 8 exceeds hardcoded limit 4. Recompile with higher MEMORY_BANKS_MAX?
ERROR: arch-specific fdt fixup failed
 - must RESET the board to recover.

ERROR: failed to process device tree
ERROR: failed to install device tree
EFI LOAD FAILED: continuing...

If I set MEMORY_BANKS_MAX to 8 in common/fdt_support.c , then it boots fine. Is there any reason to stick this to 4, or could I send a patch to rise it to 8?

Would be great to get it fixed for v2018.09.

Guillaume