[U-Boot] UBI fixable bit-flip issue

Mark Spieth mspieth at digivation.com.au
Thu Aug 16 23:31:57 UTC 2018

On 16/08/18 18:50, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2018, 16:03:43 CEST schrieb Mark Spieth:
>>> Mark, can you please file a patch and send it to linux-mtd mailing
>>> list?
>>> Such a change needs to go through Linux and then to u-boot.
>>> But first we need to think about and discuss it in detail.
>> Will do.
> Did you find some time to do that?
> I'd like to have this resolved in both Linux and u-boot.

Apologies Richard.
I went on to another task and forgot about his.

I have been trying in spare time to make a unit test to demonstrate this
fault but have not completed that yet. There is no good unit test
framework so have had to come up with one using techniques I already use
for other non kernel C projects using googletest/mock. I will post this
when it works.

The patch for HEAD is attached (I hope this is acceptable).

It is not a good solution but it does prevent the bitflip issue in the
older uboot.

Mark