[U-Boot] hwmon in current uboot

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Fri Aug 17 06:50:22 UTC 2018

Joe wrote...

>Apologies in advance if this is answered somewhere else, but I had no
>luck finding information about it.
>
>I'm moving from an older version of u-boot (2016) to a current one.
>Some of the patches I had against the old uboot included work in the
>hwmon subdirectory. These patches now obviously fail as this whole set
>of functionality appears to have been removed.
>
>Am I missing something, or does u-boot no longer support any of these
>devices? Alternatively, is there a way I should reintroduce it for my
>board.
Looking at the git log for some of the files that were in the
drivers/hwmon directory (git log — path/to/filename) then they were
removed in May 2017 in favour of the driver model and UCLASS_THERMAL
which is located in drivers/thermal.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look as though those I2C based devices got
converted.

-Andy.