[U-Boot] boot.bin on SD Card for SAMA5D3 Xplained

Daniel Evans photonthunder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:15:55 UTC 2018

Trying to get uboot SPL boot.bin to run on an SD card for the sama5d3 xplained board.  All I get is RomBOOT and no other messages.  I have tried throwing in a couple test pins to toggle in board_early_init_f but still not getting any debug.  I can get at91bootstrap to produce a boot.bin that works on the sama5d3 xplained so I am assuming I don’t have a bad board.  My boot partition is FAT16.  To compile I just run the following on Debian Buster :

make mrproper
make sama5d3_xplained_mmc_defconfig
make

Cross Compiler is gcc-linaro-6.4.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf

When finished compiling I just copy the boot.bin to my BOOT partition.

Has to be something obvious that I am missing.  Any insight is appreciated…

Dan