[U-Boot] SPL variant of sunxi nand module

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 23 18:11:03 UTC 2018

Hi Michael,

23.12.2018 18:54, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi:
[...]
>>    Considering ecc_size=1024, ecc_strength=4 good(b).
>> Considering addr_cycles=5, page_size=8192 accepted.
>>
>> I'm almost 100% sure that correct config would be page_size=8192,
>> ecc_size=1024, ecc_strength=40 (from nand chip identification structure
>> for regular linux kernel)
>
> That is an index on an array. Am I wrong? so the max is 74

Indeed, its an index, and therefore it appears SPL's detection actually
gives correct values! Nevertheless, SPL reads all zeroes from nand.

On the other hand, normal U-boot variant reads correct data from nand,
but I'm not yet sure if it uses correct parameters and specifically, if
they match those of SPL version. Need to add yet more debugging output.

Thank you,

Regards,
Nikolai

> Michael
>

>> Now the detection routine in sunxi_nand_spl apparently comes up with a
>> value of ecc_strength=4 instead... Why is that?
>
> n - 1 using an index, if the code that I have is aligned so
>
> Michael
>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nikolai