[U-Boot] Build system: Don't check for CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE being set

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:48:02 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:23 AM, Alexey Brodkin
<Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:
> CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE must be set anyways and then it is used in many
> places in the same Makefile without any checks

Why? xtensa doesn't use any of it.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 6:23 AM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> I'm largely ok with the above, but:
> - For Xtensa (Max?), CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_ADDR needs to be renamed to
>   CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE there

For xtensa that address is defined as an expression, like
(CONFIG_SYS_MEMORY_TOP - CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_LEN),
and for a single board it may vary with the CPU core on that board.
If I just do this replacement then linking fails because of this symbolic
definition:

  xtensa-dc233c-elf-ld.bfd    --gc-sections -Bstatic
--no-dynamic-linker -Ttext "(CONFIG_SYS_MEMORY_TOP -
CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_LEN)"
  xtensa-dc233c-elf-ld.bfd: invalid hex number `(CONFIG_SYS_MEMORY_TOP
- CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_LEN)'

--
Thanks.
-- Max