[U-Boot] TCP Patch Set

Joe Hershberger joe.hershberger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 01:45:30 UTC 2018

Hi Duncan,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Duncan Hare <dh at synoia.com> wrote:

>> > Joe
>> >
>> > The overruns were caused by printing error messages. The print
>> > process is (very) slow compared with packet and computer speeds, and
>> > causes overruns.
>> >
>> > I turned off all the error messages in tcp.c and the overruns also
>> > stopped.
>

>> > Duncan
> Joe
>
> I'm now at the state where I'm satisfied the selective
> acknowledgment implementation is working well, having re-written the
> code.
>
> I've transferred 20 4 Mbyte kernels from cloud to desktop without a
> failure.
>
> How to proceed?
>
> Issue the patch set again? Or just the TCP module?
>
> Then what's the next step?

I think the next step is to rework your patch submission process,
sending the patches to just yourself, until they meet the standard (
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches ) so that all of the tooling I
use can work with them. Otherwise I spend lots of time, sometimes
hours, trying to shove malformed patches through the process. I really
don't have time for that, so I have to ask that you use patman and
send properly formatted patches. Once you have that down, I'll
re-review what you have at this point and go from there.

Thanks,
-Joe