[U-Boot] U-Boot and Builman Toolchains

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jan 2 00:58:05 UTC 2018

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 08:08:39AM -0600, Adam Ford wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I know that we need GCC 6 or newer to compile GCC, but buildman is
> still using older toolchains.
>
> Do you know if there are plans to update buildman to use newer
> toolchains?  It seems to be linked to kernel.org, but it seems strange
> to me to have the build-in tools like Buildman use a toolchain that we
> are not allowed to use for compile.

So, there've been some effort to make buildman fetch toolchains from the
free-electrons toolchain site, but they're not going to be ready for
v2018.01.  I should note in the release email that if nothing else, the
Linaro toolchains are available via tarball in a static manner as it's
what travis uses.

--
Tom