[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.01 is released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jan 9 01:28:07 UTC 2018

Hey all,

I've released v2018.01 and it's now live on git and FTP and ACD (along
with PGP sig file).

Again, We've had a good all-around release, and I like it.

One thing I want to bring up now is that we're going to start making
conversion (and lack there-of) of things over to using DM a bigger
problem and possible reason for feature removal.  While I plan to make
some build-time warning happen (Simon had a good idea on this), I'm also
raising it here.

Another thing I'm going to spell out here, is that I'm officially moving
the merge window from closing on Saturday, to closing on Monday.  In
practice, that's what it's been for me for a long time, but I'm going to
update the ReleaseCycle page to reflect this now too.  It will still
continue to close when I release -rc1, which is on that Monday.

The current schedule is that v2018.01-rc1 will be tagged on January
29th, with -rc2 on the 12th of February, -rc3 on the 26th, -rc4 on the
5th of March and the release on March 12th.  I plan to continue to and
be more strict post -rc1 than I have historically been and contain
-rc2/-rc3 to fixes only.

Thanks again everyone!

--
Tom