[U-Boot] [U-boot] Odroidxu3/4 -s2mps11 bind pmic failed

Jaehoon Chung jh80.chung at samsung.com
Tue Jan 9 06:42:31 UTC 2018

On 01/09/2018 03:16 PM, Anand Moon wrote:
> Hi Jaehoon/ Lukasz
>
> On 9 January 2018 at 04:17, Jaehoon Chung <jh80.chung at samsung.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 01/08/2018 03:57 PM, Anand Moon wrote:
>>> Hi Jaehoon,
>>
>> This topic is on u-boot side. so Removed the linux-samsung-soc mailing.
>>
>> [..snip..]

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> What I have debug at my end pmci is not getting invoke or initialize via u-boot.
>>> Yes default value for all the control registers would be fine.
>>>
>>> I was looking into some missing feature like.
>>> s2mps11 regulator initialization via dts in u-boot.
>>>  s2mps11_pmic
>>>      .probe = s2mps11_probe
>>>      .bind = s2mps11_bind
>>
>> It needs to implement the regulator driver.
>> I will send the patch for s2mps11 regulator driver within this week.
>> Then i think that it will be set to values from device-tree.
>>

> Thanks you very much.

When i send the patch, i will add you account.

>>> Can we enable CONFIG_SPL_BUILD for Odroid platform.
>>> much of the core initialization is blocked under this flag.
>>> Is their any plan to make this feature working.
>>
>> Lukasz has already mentioned..
>>

> My guess is the SOC (Samsung) should take initiative in enable
> CONFIG_SPL_BUILD option.
> since HardKernel is not complete open on sharing the singing utility as per NDA.
> but they have shared the following link to help on this.
>
> https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=6147
>
> As per my knowledge earlier Artik10 base on Exynos5422 was supported
> by Samsung developers.
> so it should be easily.

Artik10 is also based on exynos5422. Yep, it can be used u-boot spl without signing.
But hardkernel boards needs to use the signed bl2 image.

It doesn't belong to me to share the signing utility. (I don't have any permission about it..sorry.)

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung