[U-Boot] [U-Boot, 1/4] serial: ns16550: da8xx (freon/primus) is not omap-like

Matthijs van Duin matthijsvanduin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 16:39:32 UTC 2018

On 19 January 2018 at 16:41, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> OK.  For v2, if you can convert CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_MEM32 to Kconfig as
> well I'd appreciate it.

I'm not hugely comfortable doing that, since that would affect even
more targets. To be honest, I don't understand why it even exists as a
separate var instead of just testing whether
CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_REG_SIZE is 4 or -4. Are there actually some crazy
targets that allocate 4 bytes per register yet fail if you use 32-bit
access?

Would you object hugely to me just implicitly setting
CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_MEM32 in ns16550.h for the c6x uart variant? I
think it makes a lot of sense to do so, since in that case the driver
itself explicitly depends on being able to write a value that doesn't
fit in a byte.

> I'll see about digging out and setting up one
> of my da8xx platforms for a quick runtime test too.

Thanks!

Matthijs