[U-Boot] U-Boot, cache speculation side channel attacks and ARM

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Jan 19 21:56:14 UTC 2018

Hey all,

So, now that things have quieted down a little bit in this area, I've
been wondering about something.  Over on the U-Boot side of things, are
there changes we need to make in order to support the kernel side of the
various mitigations properly?  I know that for example currently
https://developer.arm.com/support/security-update talks about ATF
patches, in the context of AArch64 however.  But on the other hand for
variant 2, there's nothing listed on the Linux side for 32bit ARM, but
there is for non-Linux OSes.

And, in the event I'm also missing something else entirely that we need
to do here, is there something that we need to be doing?  Or is it still
too early at this point in time to know?

Thanks all!

--
Tom