[U-Boot] STM32F746 Discovery - No serial output?

Francois Dugast francois.dugast.foss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:36:33 UTC 2018

Thanks for the infos and the patches.

1. Non SPL
After disabling SPL in the U-Boot configuration and enabling USART6 in the
DTS with the patches you provided, there is still no output on this serial
interface after flashing U-Boot v2018.01 (stm32f746-disco_defconfig) with:
$ openocd -f board/stm32f7discovery.cfg -c "program images/u-boot.bin
0x08000000" -c "reset run" -c shutdown
Serial output is coming on USART6 with U-Boot from
https://github.com/EmcraftSystems/u-boot so it is unlikely to be a hardware
issue.

2. SPL
I am not familiar with this mode on the stm32f746 disco. I have tried
copying the u-boot.bin generated with SPL enabled to the "DIS_F746NG" MBED
volume exposed by the card and the LED blinks in red and green for a few
seconds. Still, no output is coming through the /dev/ttyACM* device. Could
you give some hints about the steps to get it running?

Francois