[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.03-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jan 30 01:13:46 UTC 2018

Hey all,

So it's release day and I've put up v2018.03-rc1.  The merge window is
now closed and I've updated git and the tarballs are also up now.

I think my patch queue is in OK shape currently.  I need to grab test
and possibly fix-up a bunch of Kconfig changes.  I also expect a
re-worked DM PR to come in.

One thing that is kind of a change is that thanks to Daniel Schwierzeck
we can enable -Werror in travis-ci builds.  This is something that from
time to time it has come up that people assumed was already the case,
but was not.  The thing blocking this, AFAICT, is that we need to find
the correct way to address the problem that both:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/866766/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/783541/

try and deal with.  And to be clear, of course I want it solved
correctly and not just papered over.

Next, as a reminder from the last release, the upgrade to using
CONFIG_BLK is still slated for v2018.05 and things need to be upgraded.
I still need to figure out a Makefile tweak to catch it, or just
generate the driver list still.

I will follow the usual rule of an -rc every other Monday
and we're looking at release on March 12th, 2018.

Thanks all!

--
Tom