[U-Boot] U-Boot Operation on Xilinx Zynq SoC with Micro C

Nelson Silva nelson at advancedgeos.com
Wed Jan 31 15:04:46 UTC 2018

Hello,
I have a rather specific question about u-boot.  I am working with a
Xilinx Zynq SoC, and am running a MicroC OS executable file.  It is
running on UCOS kernel II.  I notice different behavior when I hand off
from the first stage boot loader to the UCOS application directly than
when I hand off to u-boot and then use it to load the image.  I am sure
my methodology is correct as for other images it works fine, but not
this one.  I am concerned that the problem is related to the actual
memory that u-boot is loading the application which has hard-coded
memory blocks.  Is there a way to ensure that u-boot hands off to the
application the same way as the FSBL?  For example, when I tell u-boot
to load to address 0x0, is it the same 0x0 that the FSBL loads to?  Any
help is appreciated.

Nelson Silva
System Engineer

ADVANCED GEOLOCATION SOLUTIONS, LLC.