[U-Boot] SPL dcache

Lokesh Vutla lokeshvutla at ti.com
Fri Mar 16 09:14:14 UTC 2018

On Friday 16 March 2018 02:36 PM, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> I was looking at the differences between the TI U-Boot tree and the
> upstream tree (as we've switched from one to the other) and I think
> the only patch which I'm picking locally which isn't in upstream is
> this one:
>
>   [U-Boot,RFC,3/3] spl: Add support for enabling dcache
>
>   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/699899/
>
> As far as I can tell the other two patches in the series were applied,
> just not this one and I can't see what the changes that were requested
> were.

Since this is affecting all the available SoCs, we have to make sure
that it does not break any existing platforms. Tom reported that it
broke few platforms.

> When we first had that change it did cause us some problems, but only
> because we needed some settle time once the DDR clocks were
> configured.
>
> How do we get it back reconsidered for merging?

May be I should create a separate kconfig entry and guard all the code
with it? So it can be enabled as necessary.  I did some changes after
that but could not post it upstream.
Will check if I can post it upstream soon.

But, thanks a lot for reminding me :)

Regards,
Lokesh