[U-Boot] FitImage add pubkey signature in DTS

Larry.Gass at microchip.com Larry.Gass at microchip.com
Thu May 3 17:39:12 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:33 AM, Clément Péron <peron.clem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Subject: [U-Boot] FitImage add pubkey signature in DTS
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to add the public key for the FitImage signature in my dts.
>
> Do you know if there is a script to add the pubkey in the .dts and not in the
> .dtb ?
>
> Actually I "decompile" the .dtb to get those values, but maybe there is an
> easier way.

Did the same thing. Started with a file pubkey.dts that was "empty":

	/dtc-v1/;
	/ {
	};

Compiled it:
	$ dtc -O dtb pubkey.dts > pubkey.dtb

Created the FIT image:
	$ output/build/uboot-2018.03/tools/mkimage -f linux.its -k keys -r -K pubkey.dtb

De-Compiled it:
	$ dtc -I dtb pubkey.dtb > pubkey.dts

Manually merged pubkey.dts with my "real" device tree (in arch/arm/dts/) . This step is important because it is WAY too easy to lose the signature from the .dtb if you "make clean" or touch your device tree source in any way.

I also would like to see this made easier in some way if it does not already exist.