[U-Boot] GCC 7.x vs. C++ comments

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 9 11:38:37 UTC 2018

Dear Tom,

In message <20180509111627.GD12235 at bill-the-cat.ec.rr.com> you wrote:

> > What’s your preferred solution:
> > 	(a) change these comments
> > 	(b) change our Makefiles to let GCC know that we are compiling gnu99/C99?
> >
> > Neither solution is too appealing to me, so I am asking...
>
> Lets go with (b) which I guess what a more modern toolchain defaults to
> anyhow.  Thanks!

I disagree.  UI-Boot always discouraged the use of C++ comments, see
for example bullet # 5 at [1]. We should clearly fix the comments,
please.

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Coding

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It takes all sorts of in & out-door schooling to get adapted  to  my
kind of fooling"                                           - R. Frost