[U-Boot] GCC 7.x vs. C++ comments

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 9 12:46:54 UTC 2018

Dear Tom,

In message <20180509114828.GG12235 at bill-the-cat.ec.rr.com> you wrote:

> We should go and update [1] to note some special exemptions to the rule.

I'm not happy about this.

> I see you missed out on the SPDX thread over here:
> https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2018-May/327544.html and repeat

Marek already said what was on my mind, and got ignored.
Would it have changed anything if I had posted another complaint?

I'm doing now, and apparently I get ignored, too.  So what exactly
is your argument?

> myself, I see it as more worthwhile to (a) follow the kernel in this
> area (for both tooling and consistency and ease of development for our
> overlapping community) (b) save space (in just about every conversion we
> went from 2 lines to 1 line).  Thanks!

OK, so you decided, and any additional discussion is futile...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to  stu-
dents that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers
they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.   - Dijkstra