[U-Boot] U-Boot and The Boot Loader Specification

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 19 06:53:15 UTC 2018

Dear Alexander,

In message <2092760.TlMJupW03t at ada> you wrote:

> I played with the extlinux.conf format snippets from the U-Boot docs. Upstream
> extlinux docs are not really helpful, especially not for options regarding dtb
> files. And I tried a config based on the Boot Loader Spec:
>
> 	Scanning mmc 2:1...
> 	Found /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
> 	Retrieving file: /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
> 	366 bytes read in 268 ms (1000 Bytes/s)
> 	Ignoring unknown command: title
> 	Ignoring unknown command: version
> 	Ignoring unknown command: options
> 	Ignoring unknown command: linux
> 	Ignoring unknown command: devicetree
>
> Am I right, U-Boot does not support that spec at all? Files are in different
> positions, and the keywords are all different? If so, then the U-Boot
> documentation is misleading (and people will be frustrated to follow the hints
> given in there).

It would definitely help if you tell us which actual command
(sequence) you used to get this output, and what the exact content
of this extlinux.conf was.

Without such information, we cannot even guess what you did.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.