[U-Boot] [PULL] Please pull u-boot-imx

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Oct 23 14:29:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 09:52:58AM +0200, Stefano Babic wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> please pull from u-boot-imx (tag: u-boot-imx-20181023) thanks !
>
> The tree contains fixes for i.MX6 and improvement in docs, but the most
> important part is the introduction of the i.MX8 architecture (thanks to
> Peng and Antolji for their work !). Build on Travis reported no error,
> but I get a build issue with the VF610 boards - this will be require a
> fix in next days. i.MX8 can be built following exactly the instruction
> of the README file (NXP firmware requires to acknowledge the EULA).

I know the i.MX8 stuff has been kicking around for a while so.. OK, yes,
I won't be too upset about pushing it so late in the cycle.  But, my
travis builds do see an error:
https://travis-ci.org/trini/u-boot/jobs/445069389#L1038 which is "Fail
open first container file ahab-container.img" for imx8qxp_mek and I also
see that locally.  This feels like the same class of error that we have
to deal with on other AArch64 platforms, namely of throwing a user
visible error that what they just built will not boot due to lack of
other files.

Also:
$ ./tools/genboardscfg.py -o /dev/null
WARNING: no status info for 'warp7_bl33'
WARNING: no maintainers for 'warp7_bl33'

which I would have just fixed-up, but since we need to address that
imx8qxp_mek problem, please update the appropriate MAINTAINERS file too
for warp7_bl33.  Thanks!

--
Tom