[U-Boot] [RFC v2 00/15] dm, efi: integrate efi objects into DM

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sat Feb 9 23:04:19 UTC 2019

Hi Takahiro,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 at 02:14, AKASHI Takahiro <takahiro.akashi at linaro.org> wrote:

> # bootefi doesn't work with this patch set yet
>
> This patch set came from the past discussion[1] on my "removable device
> support" patch and is intended to be an attempt to integrate efi objects
>  into u-boot's Driver Model as much seamlessly as possible.
>
> [1] https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2019-January/354010.html

Some general comments:

protocol_list: Can you use DM_GET_DRIVER? It should be more efficient

efi_open_protocol_information:
- rename of protocol to protocol_guid should be in a separate patch

u-boot - please use 'U-Boot' consistently

Your patch to rename UCLASS_EFI -> UCLASS_EFI_DRIVER still leaves
UCLASS_EFI remaining. Can you mention why>

It says efi_root is for backward compatibility. Just temporary? I
could not quite figure that out.

Use if (IS_ENABLED()) instead of #ifdef where you can.

I am very encouraged by this series as it genuinely unifies EFI with
DM. Re your comment about wrapper code, I suspect that might become
clearer once the data structures are unified.

Regards,
Simon