[U-Boot] PRs, Breakage architecture

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Feb 15 16:40:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 05:16:40PM +0100, Stefano Babic wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> my run on Travis reports errors with sun8i and sun50i (I do not think
> they are related to commits on u-boot-imx). I see on your travis that
> you have a "WIP-14Feb2019 u-boot-sunxi merged", and this runs
> succesfully (but not yet merged). So if I send a PR now, I have a broken
> run on Travis. What is your expectation I should do ? Simply send a PR
> because issues are known or wait until WIP-14Feb2019 goes to -master
> (but this means a rebase of u-boto-imx) ?

As a rule, https://travis-ci.org/u-boot/u-boot/builds and master (so
also https://travis-ci.org/trini/u-boot and master) is always green.  If
something fails in any of my WIP-* (or other things like TRAVIS-* or
GC-*), then I fix the failure.

Looking at https://travis-ci.org/sbabic/u-boot-imx/jobs/493736548
something in your PR is causing sunxi to overflow there.  You should be
able to build for orangepi_pc2 locally and also see the overflow and
bisect your way to what change is causing things to break.  It's just a
coincidence that I'm testing a sunxi PR right now.

--
Tom