[U-Boot] Porting to the HTG-Z920

Patrick Schuetterle schuetterlep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:24:18 UTC 2019

Hello,

I've been trying to compile U-boot for hi-tech global's HTG-Z920 board.
It's SoC is the zynq ZU19EG ultrascale+.
I'm mainly confused as to how I should configure Kbuild with the bare
necessities -- UART, SD-LS, and DDR. I've managed to get things running via
an FSBL generated with the xilinx sdk (ver. 2018.2), so I know it should be
possible.
Currently, I only receive the FSBL boot messages,  even after enabling the
early debug UART.  I tried to match the addresses given by my hardware
definition file (.hdf), but nothing's appearing.

Should I try adapting one of the pre-set boards' configs (e.g. for the
zcu104?), or are there some major pieces I'd still need?
I also have the device tree derived from the .hdf file. Would it be simpler
to use that?

Any help you can spare would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
-Patrick