[U-Boot] Extract RSA Keys from image

Jeridiah.Welti at bench.com Jeridiah.Welti at bench.com
Tue Feb 19 15:30:03 UTC 2019

I am working on an application needing the ability to update to a verified image from the running kernel/application.

We can follow the "normal" verified image boot sequence, where the chain of trust is verified from U-Boot to image to execution, etc, but unsure how to verify a new image after already running.

Is there a way to extract the public key hash from the U-Boot image so that we can compute a hash on an upgrade image and verify a match?  Either an existing tool, or some means that is accessibly from a Linux kernel that we could use to grab this information.

I've done a lot of googling, and I have not seen any means to get to this once the image is already booted and running.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide for this.

Jeridiah Welti