[U-Boot] i.MX6 Code Consolidation suggestion/question

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:08:38 UTC 2019

I am looking into the SPL code to boot the imx6_logic board and
comparing its board file to other i.MX6 boards.

Nearly every board has a virtually identical board_init_f function.
Some of the entries are done is slightly different orders, but what
happens appears to be the same.  I don't know if there is an advantage
to one order or another.

We have a common mach-imx/spl.c file and the very end there exisrts an
MX6-only ifdef with the dram_init_banksize function in side the ifdef.

Any objections to my creating a weak function called board_init_f
inside there, then wiping out all the individual board entries that
are identical?  For those who have a slightly different variation,
they can be left alone.

It seems logical to me, but I don't have access to everyone's
hardware, so before I do that, I thought I'd ask first.

adam