[U-Boot] no DTB with nand SPL on sama5d3

Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com
Wed Jan 16 13:02:05 UTC 2019

On 16.01.2019 03:13, Daniel Evans wrote:
> After flashing my boot.bin to nand I get the following output:
>
> RomBOOT
> <debug_uart> Missing DTB
> ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###
>
> I found the error message in fdtdec.c, but not sure what I am missing.  I have checked that my DTB is included in the boot.bin output.  Any insight on what I am missing?

Hello Daniel,

Which defconfig are you using when building u-boot ?

You are trying to load the U-boot SPL right ?

It doesn't look like you even get to the point when you get to load the
u-boot proper, so maybe there are missing parts from your SPL, or the
size inside the 6th reset vector is not correctly calculated

Did you try with our at91bootstrap proprietary second level bootloader
and get the same issue when booting the proper u-boot with it ?

Hope this helps,

Eugen