[U-Boot] Trouble making the u-boot file for Zed Board

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed Jun 12 07:09:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 12. 06. 19 1:40, Melika Shahriari wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Melika. I am a student from the University of British Columbia. I am following these<https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841973/Build+U-Boot> instructions to build u-boot file for my Zed Board. My computer is Mac, and the operating system is macOS mojave version 10.14.5. I have installed crosstool ng version 1.23.0 and arm-mac-linux-gnueabihf with gcc version 6.3.0. I have also installed DTC version 1.5.0. However, u-boot process fails when it's building spl. I have attached the log file of the terminal. Could you please let me know what step I am missing? I would really appreciate it.

I am not aware that anybody is really building u-boot on Mac.
I know that there are builds on BSDs.

Tom: Do you know if someone really tried that.

Anyway I would recommend you turn VM with Linux and you should be able
to build it without any issue.

You can look at travis.yml to see what should be installed on your PC.
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=.travis.yml

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854