[U-Boot] Trouble making the u-boot file for Zed Board

Alexander Graf graf at amazon.com
Wed Jun 12 10:54:26 UTC 2019

On 12.06.19 09:09, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12. 06. 19 1:40, Melika Shahriari wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Melika. I am a student from the University of British Columbia. I am following these<https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841973/Build+U-Boot> instructions to build u-boot file for my Zed Board. My computer is Mac, and the operating system is macOS mojave version 10.14.5. I have installed crosstool ng version 1.23.0 and arm-mac-linux-gnueabihf with gcc version 6.3.0. I have also installed DTC version 1.5.0. However, u-boot process fails when it's building spl. I have attached the log file of the terminal. Could you please let me know what step I am missing? I would really appreciate it.
> I am not aware that anybody is really building u-boot on Mac.
> I know that there are builds on BSDs.

Mac OS X uses MACH-O as the output format which U-Boot's internal
conversion logic does not have support for. So no, building on Mac OS X
is not supported today.

> Tom: Do you know if someone really tried that.
>
> Anyway I would recommend you turn VM with Linux and you should be able
> to build it without any issue.

I can only second this. There are 2 easy ways to get a Linux environment
quickly onto your Mac:

   1) Docker
   2) https://github.com/linux-noah/noah

Alex