[U-Boot] Default environment file

Lukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Wed Jun 12 08:41:13 UTC 2019

Hi Pascal,

> Hi everyone,
>

> I am currently moving the configurations of the KM boards from header
> files to Kconfig. But for the customly defined environment variables
> I did not found a decent solution until I have come across the
> default environment file, which seems very interesting to me.
>

> To this day, nevertheless, it appears that noone made use of the
> CONFIG_USE_DEFAULT_ENV_FILE configuration defined in env/Kconfig.
> Does anyone still have an example for this kind of environment
> definition or knows how to create it?

I do remember that somebody wanted to use this feature.

Please look into following link - providing patch description and dome
discussion:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/888149/

Just a tip: patchwork for U-Boot project keeps together discussion and
other patches from the series. It is very convenient to look for some
additional info regarding e.g. CONFIG_* variables.