[U-Boot] Question regarding SWUpdate ..... from command line

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Mar 1 12:17:34 UTC 2019

Hallo Lukasz,

On 27/02/19 10:13, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Stefano.
>
>> Hi Lukasz,
>>
>> I have the use case and a tbot testcase. But we are now at EW, please
>> wait until I am back.
>
> Ach.... I've just realised this :-)
> Have a nice time there :-)

We are back, but I think today I just answer to mails...

I have added our tbot experts to the list because we have discussed some
topics at EW.

>> Stefano
>>
>> On 25/02/19 23:57, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

>>> The exact use case is to:
>>>
>>> - Re-build production images with
>>>   EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES="empty-root-password"
>>>
>>> - Force the board to SWUpdate (this is done from production
>>> on-board SW)
>>>
>>> - Use some scripts to send *.swu images and prepare that board for
>>>   testing.
>>>
>>> Some curl magic like:
>>>
>>> curl -v --insecure --request POST --data-binary
>>> "@swu-image-emmc-backup-display5.swu" http://192.168.2.130:8080
>>>
>>> Is not (yet) working properly - but some page info is displayed.

I have written a tbot testcase that I have already used on a couple of
board and it covers an update using the internal Webserver (your case,
in fact). I have also dome other case in my list, ant last but not
least, also a tc working with Hawkbit is in my list (I have to refresh
my Java knowledge..). We discussed also how to share this - we agree
that tc should be shared, not yet clear how.

In the meantime, I can propose I will push a public repo with just tc
(no boards, no labs at all) and we can use it as container for tc we
currently have. tc could be picked up later from this container andwe
could also dropped this repo in future after replacing with something
better. Any thought (pro or contra) ?

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de