[U-Boot] Cannot boot mx6qsabred with 2019.07-rc2

Jagan Teki jagan at amarulasolutions.com
Thu May 23 17:07:02 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:18 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 1:11 PM Jagan Teki <jagan at amarulasolutions.com> wrote:
>
> > Don't know whether this is SPL size issue or not? can you try
> > SPL_OF_PLATDATA and TINY* I can see the size reduced with 64512 bytes
> > (one build issue on fdtdec_get_int undefined)
>
> Yes, it does not build with CONFIG_SPL_OF_PLATDATA:
>
> lib/built-in.o: In function `fdtdec_parse_phandle_with_args':
> /home/fabio/u-boot/lib/fdtdec.c:788: undefined reference to `fdtdec_get_int'

Couldn't dig much here, would be happy someone can find this?

> drivers/built-in.o: In function `fsl_esdhc_probe':
> /home/fabio/u-boot/drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c:1480: undefined reference
> to `fdtdec_get_int'
> /home/fabio/u-boot/drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c:1482: undefined reference
> to `fdtdec_get_int'
> /home/fabio/u-boot/drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c:1485: undefined reference

These we can fix, by supporting platdata support into driver.

> to `fdtdec_get_int'
> scripts/Makefile.spl:404: recipe for target 'spl/u-boot-spl' failed
> make[1]: *** [spl/u-boot-spl] Error 1
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, but at this point I prefer to go with the
> removal of CONFIG_SPL_DM.

We have 45 days to release, I think we can make these fixes quite
normally what do you think? fsl_esdhc.c build I can mark a patch in
few days if required.

> For 2019.07 it would be really nice if we could fix these two issues:
>
> 1. Allow to load a FIT image via Serial Download Protocol
>
> 2. Detect the SPL size overflow in build-time

1) We are working on this, 2) can be done.