[U-Boot] Cannot boot mx6qsabred with 2019.07-rc2

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:35:50 UTC 2019

Hi Adam,

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Adam Ford <aford173 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been following this thread, because I have been working through
> attempting to migrate the imx6q_logic board to SPL_OF_CONTROL which
> requires SPL_DM.
>
> To working around the issue you're describing, I played with disabling
>  SPL_DM_USB.  With that removed, I can still use nearly all the
> benefits of SPL_DM without losing access to imx_usb_loader.
> See log:

I took a look at the configs/imx6q_logic_defconfig file and it does
not use FIT support like we do in mx6sabresd.

If I remove FIT support then imx_usb_loader works fine here too.

imx6q_logic_defconfig only supports the mx6q variant, whereas sabresd
needs to support mx6q/dl/qp variants , so we use FIT image that
contains therese 3 dtbs.

So the problem with SDP at the moment is when trying to load a FIT image.

Thanks