rk3399-gru-kevin: issues on bringup

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Aug 4 04:13:38 CEST 2020

Hi Marty,

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 at 07:49, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Marty,
>
> On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 at 21:02, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Marty,
> >
> > On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 at 12:30, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Marty,

> > > Well that's odd. Maybe Kevin got a larger device than gru?

> > > Probably, it often is. But what?!
> > >
> > > I actually just found some old Chromebooks I didn't know i had, so I
> > > have a Kevin. If you push your tree somewhere I might be able to take
> > > a look this weekend.
> >
> > I dug this out but I cannot get it to boot with the em100 emulator.
> > I'll see if I can figure that out at some point. Sometimes I get
> > serial garbage as well.
> >
> > It is surprising that the flash is 8MB when Gru is 4MB. Must have run
> > out of room.
>
> Also I pushed the tree with your changes and one of mine here:
>
> https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/kevin

Well I don't know why the em100 doesn't work, but apparently it never did.

Anyway the image seems to jump into ATF first, then to U-Boot SPL. So
perhaps the problem is in ATF. From what I can tell, it prints about
10 characters of junk before it starts setting up SDRAM. Perhaps it
has a clock wrong.

In any case, it should be possible to jump directly into U-Boot SPL
and hopefully the debug UART works. Can you try that, perhaps by
building an image without ATF?

Regards,
SImon