RISC-V: crash in riscv_get_time()

Rick Chen rickchen36 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:18:44 CEST 2020

Hi Heinrich

You can try this
./qemu-system-riscv64 -nographic -machine virt -bios u-boot -device
virtio-net-device,netdev=net0 -netdev user,id=net0,tftp=tftp

It can work as below:

U-Boot 2020.10-rc1-00299-g89150a9 (Aug 06 2020 - 19:14:01 +0800)

CPU:   rv64imafdcsu
Model: riscv-virtio,qemu
DRAM:  128 MiB
In:    uart at 10000000
Out:   uart at 10000000
Err:   uart at 10000000
Net:   eth0: virtio-net#0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=> help
?         - alias for 'help'
base      - print or set address offset
bdinfo    - print Board Info structure
blkcache  - block cache diagnostics and control
boot      - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd'
bootd     - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd'
bootefi   - Boots an EFI payload from memory
bootelf   - Boot from an ELF image in memory
booti     - boot Linux kernel 'Image' format from memory
bootm     - boot application image from memory
bootp     - boot image via network using BOOTP/TFTP protocol
bootvx    - Boot vxWorks from an ELF image
cmp       - memory compare
coninfo   - print console devices and information
cp        - memory copy
cpu       - display information about CPUs
crc32     - checksum calculation
dhcp      - boot image via network using DHCP/TFTP protocol
dm        - Driver model low level access
echo      - echo args to console
editenv   - edit environment variable
env       - environment handling commands
erase     - erase FLASH memory
exit      - exit script
ext2load  - load binary file from a Ext2 filesystem
ext2ls    - list files in a directory (default /)
ext4load  - load binary file from a Ext4 filesystem
ext4ls    - list files in a directory (default /)
ext4size  - determine a file's size
false     - do nothing, unsuccessfully
fatinfo   - print information about filesystem
fatload   - load binary file from a dos filesystem
fatls     - list files in a directory (default /)
fatmkdir  - create a directory
fatrm     - delete a file
fatsize   - determine a file's size
fatwrite  - write file into a dos filesystem
fdt       - flattened device tree utility commands
flinfo    - print FLASH memory information
fstype    - Look up a filesystem type
fstypes   - List supported filesystem types
go        - start application at address 'addr'
gzwrite   - unzip and write memory to block device
help      - print command description/usage
iminfo    - print header information for application image
imxtract  - extract a part of a multi-image
itest     - return true/false on integer compare
ln        - Create a symbolic link
load      - load binary file from a filesystem
loadb     - load binary file over serial line (kermit mode)
loads     - load S-Record file over serial line
loadx     - load binary file over serial line (xmodem mode)
loady     - load binary file over serial line (ymodem mode)
loop      - infinite loop on address range
ls        - list files in a directory (default /)
lzmadec   - lzma uncompress a memory region
md        - memory display
mm        - memory modify (auto-incrementing address)
mw        - memory write (fill)
nfs       - boot image via network using NFS protocol
nm        - memory modify (constant address)
nvme      - NVM Express sub-system
panic     - Panic with optional message
part      - disk partition related commands
pci       - list and access PCI Configuration Space
ping      - send ICMP ECHO_REQUEST to network host
poweroff  - Perform POWEROFF of the device
printenv  - print environment variables
protect   - enable or disable FLASH write protection
pxe       - commands to get and boot from pxe files
reset     - Perform RESET of the CPU
run       - run commands in an environment variable
save      - save file to a filesystem
setenv    - set environment variables
setexpr   - set environment variable as the result of eval expression
showvar   - print local hushshell variables
size      - determine a file's size
sleep     - delay execution for some time
source    - run script from memory
sysboot   - command to get and boot from syslinux files
test      - minimal test like /bin/sh
tftpboot  - boot image via network using TFTP protocol
true      - do nothing, successfully
unlz4     - lz4 uncompress a memory region
unzip     - unzip a memory region
version   - print monitor, compiler and linker version
virtio    - virtio block devices sub-system
=>

Thanks,
Rick