Memory POST Test - Timing

Brownlie, Lewis Lewis.Brownlie at Honeywell.com
Mon Aug 10 21:04:41 CEST 2020

Hello all,

>From everything I have read, the memory POST test runs before U-Boot relocates to RAM.

               For example, README.POST states the following (emphasis added by me):

Also, all tests will be discriminated by the moment they run at.
Specifically, the following groups will be singled out:

  1) Tests running before relocating to RAM

     These tests will run immediately after initializing RAM
     as to enable modifying it without taking care of its
     contents. Basically, this group will contain memory tests
     only.

  2) Tests running after relocating to RAM

     These tests will run immediately before entering the main
     loop as to guarantee full hardware initialization.