reset command doesn't work on MT7628 (CPU: MediaTek MT7628A ver:1 eco:2)

Andrii Voloshyn a.voloshyn at d.mobilunity.com
Wed Aug 12 14:04:31 CEST 2020

Hi Stefan,

 > Hi Andrew,
 >
 > (added Weijie to Cc)
 >
 > On 12.08.20 09:18, Andrii Voloshyn wrote:
 > >    Hi there,
 > >
 > >    There is one issue, I experience with (U-Boot 2020.07) on MT7628DAN, "reset" command issued in hush prompt
 > >    causes board to hang, until I do a power cycle. On the other hand there is no such issue on mt7688 board.
 >
 > Do you see no further output? Or is it perhaps stuck at the DDR init
 > code in SPL? Can you please post the log (complete boot log with reset
 > command)?

There is only "resetting..." printed, once the reset command is executed.  By the way, I am not using SPL loader.
Console output below:

U-Boot 2020.07

CPU:   MediaTek MT7628A ver:1 eco:2
Boot:  DDR2, SPI-NOR 3-Byte Addr, CPU clock from XTAL
Clock: CPU: 580MHz, Bus: 193MHz, XTAL: 40MHz
Model: test
DRAM:  64 MiB
OK
Net:
Warning: eth at 10110000 (eth0) using random MAC address - ba:f6:29:35:59:b5
eth0: eth at 10110000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=> reset
resetting ...

 > >    What's interesting, is that "reboot" issued in Linux shell makes board reboot as expected on mt7628 board.
 > >
 > >    It seems like some sort of configuration issue, but I couldn't find anything specific in the datasheet. Maybe
 > >    you have some idea what could cause it?
 > >
 > >    One more thing, when running the following version of bootloader (https://github.com/gnubee-git/GnuBee-MT76x8-uboot)
 > >    "reset" command works as expected.
 >
 > I do not have a MT7628 based board, so I can't test. Perhaps Weijie has
 > an idea?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Stefan

Thanks,