rk3399-gru-kevin: issues on bringup

Alper Nebi Yasak alpernebiyasak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 19:35:05 CEST 2020

Hi Simon, Marty,

I'm interested in getting U-Boot to work with Kevin as well, but don't
have a Servo (or the willingness to open up the case yet), so I've been
trying to boot from depthcharge as in README.chromium-chainload.

I don't have a way to see serial output and I see no other signs of
life. Can you give me a tested configuration that immediately powers-off
or reboots a Kevin so I can confirm what I'm doing works on the
chainloading side? I mean I can boot Linux, but trying the same with
U-Boot just gives me a blank screen even after accounting for a lot of
things.

Meanwhile, I've wrote some code to automate making depthcharge partition
images, and to enable the display on Kevin (and perhaps Bob). Since I
don't know if chainloading works, I don't know if these are broken or
not either. I'm unsure about sending untested patches to the list, so I
put them up here if you want to take a look (and maybe test/fix them?):

https://github.com/alpernebbi/u-boot/tree/rk3399-gru-kevin/wip

They're not really things that'd make a non-booting Kevin boot, though.
I hope at least some of it can be useful in some way.